Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Invisible Man Striked Again!


Not back in our regular routine yet, today I went out to get some sandwiches at Chick Fil-a.

I went through the drive-thru. If you have been to a Chick Fil-A drive-thru you probably know there is a little curb that separates the parking lot from the drive. Today, after I picked up my sandwiches at the window I proceeded to go forward and about then out stepped a family from the restaurant, a father, mother, a teenage son, and a preteen daughter. Coming from the parking lot came another family. Each family knew each other and talked. Some of them realized they were blocking my way and all the cars behind me and kindly stepped over the curb out of the way.

But the idiot father was not that aware of his surroundings. He kept talking. I waited. He kept talking. Everybody else looked over towards me nervous like. He looked up in the sky, trying to recall something to tell the other family, he was in no hurry to remember whatever his mind was trying to remember, he wanted to get it right.

Finally, his son told him that he was blocking the way. He looked up at me annoyed that I was in his way.

This is another bit of proof that I am invisible.

2 comments:

kenju said...

You shoulda' honked your horn!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Anna said the same thing.