Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This Is Easy!


Hi!

Willow here. While my master is hunkered on the john in the bathroom I thought I would slip over and see what is so fantastic about this thing he keeps poking at.

I said “Master” in jest. I decided what to do and what not to do. Master, sheesh!

After much hard work I finally taught that slob a trick and I am so proud of him, and myself, I just wanted to share it.

With just a nudge of my nose onto his left arm just above the elbow he hops up and lets me outside.

He has not gotten the full hang of it yet – it is still not the automatic response I want, but we are working on it.

If the first time the slob doesn’t get, I lightly nibble in the same spot with my teeth. Then if he still doesn’t get I bare down with those sharp incisors of mine and boy, does he get it!

He quickly responds before I try to deliver the request with a little more enthusiasm.

Another thing, while I got you here: The other day we went to a pet store and they bought me what they call a toy. It is a little red thing about the size of a mouse. When I bit it in the correct way it lets a out a squeal.

They think it is a toy. It is not a toy. It is a live being and should be treated as such, in other words, it is to be eaten.

I like to make friends with the little animals before I make the final chomp to end their life… but frankly, this one is giving me a hard time. Each time I chomp and it lets out a cry I cry too. I back up a few paces and whine too.

But instinct is instinct. Nature built me to kill that little creature and eat it, just like I did those chipmunks. But, before their death I played with them and got to know them.. they were so sweet and cute! Afterwards my masters (Hah!) called me “Chipmunk Breath” .

Why would they make light of a poor little chipmunk’s death? They have no heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willow, you are a very clever and articulate dog. And your shiny black coat is especially lovely. But please stay away from my pet rabbit. Fortunately, at 13 lbs, he's not that small and lives hundreds of miles away anyway, but still. Your killing instinct may be natural, but it;s still ruthless.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I think it is only a matter of time when my 87 year-old neighbor has words with me about Willow and her killing instinct. He has already try to shoot our friendly neighborhood hawk for killing "his" chipmunks.

kenju said...

Willow, you look so much like my dog Tippy, that I had when I was six. You speak well, too....LOL

P.S. You want to come and chase the bunny that walked across our deck around dinnertime?

Eddie said...

Misses Kenju,
I chase a rabbit here in the old slob's back yard, so I have had plenty of practice.
PS - Was Tippy tippy?
Arf! (dog talk for LOL)

Button Gwinnett said...

What a nice shiney coat!

Eddie said...

Button,
I heard that if an animal eats fat, such as bacon it will get a shiny coat. If I had fur I think one would be able to see their reflection when they look at me.