Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jean and Her Blog Sites



I think I have known Jean for 20 or 25 years. We met electronically, doing genealogy research on the Pullen family. We share Greenville Pullen as a common progenitor. According to my genealogy program Family Tree Maker’s Relationship Calculator Jean is my 3rd cousin, once removed.

She has several blogs. Three of her blogs interest me. She also has at least two gardening and landscaping type of blogs and a high school reunion blog and I wouldn’t doubt it if she had more.. She is very productive and she has plenty to say in a kind of jazzy way.

One of her grown sons was killed by a careless driver (bald tires in the rain). She calls him “Monkeyman” and has a very funny story why that is his nickname. Jean does an excellent job in her blogs gently and lovingly keeping her son’s memory alive. She also has other interests and pulls out old photographs to share sometimes too.

Jean's Dotty Pants blog is the one I first go to of hers , then, once I land on it, I can check out her other blogs she has listed. I don’t think all of her blogs are listed on every one of her blogs, if that makes sense.

Her stuff is a good reading.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Thank you, Eddie for saying such nice things about me. I'm in the midst of adding all my former classmates in their present state to my RHS1960 blog since last Saturday's reunion. My, we've changed! We're still precious, though.

Eddie said...

Jean,
When I hear someone use "precious" I think of the lizard-like being in the Hobbit guarding the ring calling people and things "precioussss".
But - y'all really were precious.