Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mother-In-Law's Birthday


Today is my mother-in-law’s birthday. She is 87 now. She is active, even for my age. She stays on the road going here and there. She goes to two Bible study classes every week, church, and shopping.

A couple months ago her almost 20 year old Lincoln Marques air conditioner was failing. It would cost about $3k to replace it. She got in the market for a new or newer car. She had never bought a used car before. As luck would have it, her brother was trading in his five year old Buick for a new one. He does that every five years. He offered her the car for a price that would be hard to turn town.

I have no doubt that in about 15 years she will be looking around to replace the Buick – it would have gotten too old for her.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Please tell her Happy Birthday from me. She was very pretty!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I'll pass on to her what you said.