Friday, August 17, 2007

For Every Solution There Is A New Problem

We have read that two things will certainly change the subject when a dog is behaving in a way we don’t want. One is rattling a Coke can with pebbles in it. Willow can not stand that racket and dashes away, wishing she had hands to hold against her ears. Another thing is a water gun. While she is being naughty, so to speak, squirt her with a water gun and she retreats and gets herself out of shooting range.

When Anna comes home from work Willow gets so excited she get uncontrollable jumping on Anna, almost knocking her down and also scratching her arms. Solutions: can of pebbles or a water gun. It has worked every time.

The past two times I have cut grass with the riding lawnmower Willow has got ahead of me and ran backwards, being very close to the machine… one slip up and she will be one blended dog.

I decided to have a water gun on my person the next time I rode the mower, ready to blast her with a squirt. I hid the water gun in my pants and when Willow got in front of the moving mower I carefully and slowly pulled out my gun.

Willow saw what I up to and dashed away and kept her distance… which is good – it kept her away while I was cutting the grass. I am mildly surpised she recognized the water gun.

But I was thinking, riding the riding lawnmower or any other time you need the water gun handy if you have to go get the water gun and loaded it with water it loses its effect. So, I was thinking I need some kind of holster.

Then I was thinking to keep it cheap I would have to buy one (water gun holster) at Wal-Mart – which is meant for kids, so it probably would not fit around me, so I would have to wear it like a shoulder holster. Then – what if I forget it is there and go to the Post Office or Krogers and there I am seen wearing a plastic belt & holster around my shoulder? Would I be looked on as a nut?

8 comments:

kenju said...

Uh, yes, Eddie, you would! LOL

Oprah had her dog trainer on yesterday and she uses a spray bottle on dogs that jump and misbehave. I used to use on on my cats, to keep them off the kitchen counters. It works!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Yeah! I Tevoed Oprah and we watched it last night. I think most household pets can't stand the thought of being squirted with water.

Michael Bains said...

Thanks for the water-gun tip, folks! I'll pass it on to some kiddos who need it.

And, yeppers. You'd look the kook. But, so what?

{-;

Eddie said...

Michael,
So What?
I like that!

Adam said...

If the watter gun starts to lose it's affect, try adding a little vinegar to the water. I had to do that after about a year. Getting a squirt is almost a game to Daisy, but having that smell on her back all day isn't.

Eddie said...

Cyberblogger,
She is so terrified of the water gun I cannot see her getting use to it.
Are you A.?

Adam said...

Yes, don't know why they deleted my name...had to put it back

Eddie said...

I thought so.
How is your Schwinn?