Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The latest Family Tree Maker Genealogy program


Today I received the latest version of Family Tree Maker, which this time is call
Family Tree Maker 2008.

I just looked shot through the tutorial DVD looking here and there. The program seems to have vastly changed which a lot of bells and whistles. It gives you a lot of options with what to do with your genealogical information.

For instance, if you want to tell a story vocally about your past, you can key in your telephone number and click “call me” and then your telephone will ring and you pick it up and tell your story you wanted to tell. After you are finished, go to the site you are directed or linked to, and download the story you just told – or, I think you could do the same thing with an elderly relative. Rehearse what they are to say, maybe make a few notes to remind them, or to keep them on course, and then download their story.

I think I am going to try to download it tomorrow.

Oh me, What fine mess did I get myself into this time? (I ask myself while adjusting my derby hat).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed,

You are getting some serious discussion-scroll all the way down

http://theaginghipster.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-world.html

Eddie said...

Steve,
I did stroll all way down http://theaginghipster.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-world and slid off the page. I didn't what you were referring to.

Jean Campbell said...

Wow, 'Stanley,' they're comparing you to Bailey White! Do you know Bailey? I have one of her books, I thought about that book today and wondered if I should pass it on -- do you want it?

Oh, and the FTM program -- keeps your mind nimble.

Eddie said...

Jean,
Thanks!
I don't think I have heard of Bailey White.
Sure!
I was about to say "I don't have to worry about my mind being nimble, it always is"... I thought nimble was another word for Challenged or Dull. But I looked it up and it means "Quick" and "alert", "responsive".
Well, I can't keep something I never had.