Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Look Some More.

I want to get a little more mileage out of the picture below. Look at my father, the second from the left. He is wearing dark blue or black pants and a pale blue shirt. We can’t see his shoes, but I will tell you what kind of shoes he is wearing, heavy black shoes, as in the kind worn with uniforms. He always wore a pale blue shirt, dark blue or black pants, and black leather shoes.

I don’t remember seeing him in anything casual or sporty. I think wearing anything else other than his normal clothes he would have felt like he was being pretentious and a phony.

He was very humble and didn’t put on airs.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Same as my dad, Eddie. If mom and I hadn't made him dress up occasionally, he would have had on his "work clothes" all the time.

Eddie said...

I am most comfortable with shorts on in the summer, and the warm parts of the fall and spirng, and sweats on the rest of the time.