Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jones Family Reunion c1912/1913


Remember not too long ago on this blog was a picture of the Jones reunion estimated to be 1929? Remember how the genders were separated – the men on the left and the women on the right? Also, they were dressed in their best.

The picture was probably taken in the area of what used to be Milton County, between Alpharetta and Cumming, Georgia.

Here is the same family, posing for a reunion picture about 16 years before. Again, the sexes are separated and they are dressed in their best.

However, there is a different in the line-ups. Variety is the spice of life.

5 comments:

kenju said...

A large group! I have some similar photos and I will post them soon.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EHT said...

My dad has some similar photos of his family. My grandmother was married to another man before my grandfather. I find it amazing that in some of the older pics of granny's family they have a picture of her dead husband propped up in a chair next to her new husband, my grandfather. Creepy!

Eddie said...

EHT,
Your initials to your blog-name is the same as mine, only one is jumbled.
I agree, that is creepy!
My mother-in-law had about 8 siblings. Only 4 lived to adulthood. I think 2 died as infants. But, in all 4 cases, someone took a picture of the live siblings posing by the dead sibling who was peacefully in a casket or box. But that is not as weird as yours.