Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Introducing the President


I hardly ever agree with Sonny Perdue (Republican Governor of Georgia) and from time to time I think he thinks he is there to serve himself.

But yesterday I thought he pulled a good one. I have to give him credit. At the Governor’s Conference he was introducing Bush to the podium and is introductory remarks in so many words said, “The man that is about to come out here may not be very smart and has made plenty of mistakes but at least he is determined. “*

Bush looked half-way taken back.

Way to go, Sonny!

I’m sure Sonny, being the expert politician he is just went with the pulse of the public. He wouldn’t have dared said anything like that a couple years ago.


* I saw it on The Tonight Show last night. I hope it wasn’t part of Jay Leno’s staff’s trickery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kenju said...

I wish I had seen that!

Eddie said...

It was pretty good!