Saturday, February 10, 2007

He Died?


Yesterday a person called me and told me she just talked to G. G told her that his brother P had died. I hated to hear that an old friend of mine that I have known since I was about 7 years old dying. P was one of the boys on my mind as I wrote the previous blog entry about Varner’s Drive In – in fact I was typing it in the rough the Varner report when she called.

She said G told her P moved to a small town in North Georgia and had enough land that he kept a horse on. And then he died. I knew G knew what he was talking about because I knew P had bought some land in North Georgia and he did have horses. His death was difficult for me to accept because I saw P at the Bell Gang Reunion in October and he looked healthier than any of us. He didn’t look much different than he did when we were in high school in the 50s.

I called a friend to ask him if he knew about P’s death. This friend is another P, so I will call him Paul. Paul does remodeling. I told him what the person told me about G telling her of P’s death and he felt about the same as I did, he looked healthy enough back in October. He said he was doing some remodeling for our late friend Roger’s daughter and she was best friend’s with P’s daughter. He turned around and told her and she was surprised about P’s death also.

While P was on his cell phone with me Roger’s daughter called P’s daughter and asked about P’s death. She said the old fart was still alive this morning and was grouchy as usual.

So, why did G start this death rumor about his own brother? To see if news of a death travels as fast as an electric circuit? Which, it just about did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that is seriously fucked up and wrong. Sometimes people don't take bad news well. How dare this person put other people at risk or even make them very upset just for an experiement?

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Well, I don't know he was experimenting. I just threw that in for a bit of humor. The G guy I mentioned is 69 or 70 years old. I think there is a strong possibility he is getting things mixed up or confused (P's wife died not too much over a year ago).

kenju said...

That's weird.

Re your comment: I am not "up to" anything; I just wanted a new blog with new colors - something new.

Eddie said...

I guess a change is good for the mind.