Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Small World in a Small Town


Monday while my mother-in-law was shopping at Krogers she ran into an old church friend. The church friend had a picture in her pocketbook that she gave Marie. I don’t know, but I suppose she thought Marie could do something with it. I scanned it and made a couple of copies for her.

Marie and another lady are doing a history book of their church. And many people in the picture were members of the church.

The picture is the students of a small school house in the community at the time. Marie recognized some of the kids and heard the names of others in the picture. She estimates that the picture was taken about 1940.

One person I recognized the name. I will call him P. P was an in-law on Anna’s father’s side. Probably just a couple years after that picture was taken the name I recognized joined the Army and went into WWII. After the war he returned home and married and they had a child.

Not long after later:

Small World and Small Town:
On my father’s side of the family two brothers, which are/were my father’s nephews were going fishing. They main road the crossed to get to the pond they fished in they noticed a truck parked on the side of the road.

Hours later when returning home, (they were barely teenagers), the truck was still on the side of the road. They looked in and saw a dead body. It was P. He was killed by a handgun and his body has been sitting there for hours.