Friday, August 25, 2006

The Pleasure Is All Our's

Tomorrow we are to attend a cousin’s son and daughter-in-law’s baby shower.

Last week we spent hours in Babies R Us carefull checking over many of the items on the registered list and finally bought a thing like a stroller frame that you put the car seat into, which wasn’t cheap for someone we don’t know that well.

Last year or the year before the cousin gave them a wedding shower which we attended and brought a gift.

I have been told all my life that it is a better pleasure to give than to receive.

I feel like a selfish pig.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

There are few things that I loathe more than bridal showers these days. (OK, there are lots of things I loathe more, but I still loathe them a lot.) I mean, how many damn gifts do I have to give the same person? (For the record, I didn't have one when I got hitched because I didn't want my friends to feel obligated to buy me crap before the wedding, fly to my wedding, pay for a hotel, and then give me another gift. ) It just seems wrong.

Eddie said...

It seems wrong to me too.
It is like saying, "Oh, you shouldn't have!" (holding the gift that was on the registry).