Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Passion of Mel

Normally I don’t keep up with big name stars’ personal lives. If a star wants to make a fool out of him or herself while drunk, that is their business.

But in the case of Mel Gibson I think some Karma humble pie was in order.

I have not seen Mel Gibson’s movie The Passion of Christ. So, I don’t suppose I can rightly criticize it. I do know it was almost required viewing for Southern Baptists. I heard many of them say every body must see it – it would open their eyes.

Open their eyes to what? That Mel Gibson is a good movie maker? If he portrayed anything that was not in the pages of the New Testament then it was only his artistic touch or his opinion – In that case the movie was not fact based - so, why should everybody see his movie?

I understand from articles and people that have seen it that it shows the Jews to be mean, cruel, self-centered people. From what I understand Mel strayed from the Bible a lot to show his beliefs which doesn’t concur with the pages in the Bible.

And of course we Gentiles aren’t mean, cruel, hateful, or self-centered. We are gentle, as our name implies… but how did we end up controlling the New World and owning human servants (slaves) with our gentle passive ways?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Kinda hit the nail on the head there, Eddie. None of us are saints, either now or in the past.

12:11 PM  
Blogger ET said...

It is kinda like "The religion without sin cast the first stone."

12:31 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

hmmm...I think Mel has some problems with the sauce and I dont mean spaghetti, if you know what i mean and i think you do!

2:57 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Steve,
gotcha!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script