Monday, August 14, 2006

Reuben


This morning when I checked my email there was an email from Reuben an old Navy friend of mine. That was a very pleasant surprise!

Reuben said he retired from the Navy in 1984 (think). In 1965 he got out shortly after I did and stayed with me and my parents and looked for a job in the Atlanta area, and then reenlisted.

He said he ran a Google search and found my blog and has been reading it. So, I there will not be much catching up, because I have been catching myself up on Chicken Fat for about the past 8 or 9 months.

But there are plenty of things I want to know about him and what he did with his life for the past 40 years.... time stands still for no one.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Isn't it great when a person from the past contacts you. It is great to know someone sought you out like that. Have fun catching up with him.

Anonymous said...

I agree, having recently found two old and dear friends. its really cool.

Eddie said...

Judy,
We must have been influenced by the same moons - I thought of running a search on him last week, and was still planning in my head how to do it.
Steve,
I sort of live in the past anyway, so this is a virtual reality thing for me.

Button Gwinnett said...

See there! An added benefit to blogging. Have fun with your friend. You two play nicely. ;-)

Eddie said...

Button,
We'll do our bestly to play nicely.