Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Destiny and Synchronicity

Destiny and Synchronicity are two forces of nature that we find amusing and dumbfounding. Is it a true invisible force of nature or divinity that plays chess with us to arrange these destinies and synchronicities or do they just happen?

Who knows?

I think the recent blog that I told about my wife Anna and mother sitting by one of the authors they admire for about two hours and not knowing it until she walked out the door was an example of synchronicity.

Since the Comair plane wreck that killed 49 people in Lexington, Kentucky stories are coming out how people just missed the flight.

Here is another one: Anna’s late cousin had two children, a boy and a girl. They are grown in their late 20s or early 30s now, and married.

The girl, or young lady, has just been chosen to go to a college in Kentucky. It is a college that specializes in grooming people to be preachers. She has plans to become an ordained minister.

The young lady and her family moved their belongings to the college in Kentucky. Her brother helped them. He drove a big rented truck up with them. And to return back to Marietta he was scheduled to fly back on the ill-fated Comair flight. For some reason I haven’t heard yet, it was decided he would go back on a later flight.

I would call that Destiny

4 comments:

Button Gwinnett said...

I do believe there is a purpose for everything. That's not to suggest that those that didn't get on the plane are somehow better or more important. But perhaps there is more for those people to do here.

Eddie said...

Button,
That may be. And if so, I think there people are put in a timely way.
I read one time that the light bulb was invented about the same year, in the U.S. and also in China. If one failed then the other might come through. The light bulb is just an example. I heard of other things being created about the same time on other sides of the World.

kenju said...

You'd better believe it! It was not his time to go, Eddie.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I had several near-death experiences, I wonder what valuable service to mankind that I am on tap to do?