Thursday, June 21, 2018

Ben's Crash and My Throwback Thursday






Throwback Thursday.   Yesterday my grandson Benjamin fell.  He hit the hard floor and had to get medical help (as you can tell, I don’t know the details).

According to the bandage, he now has stitches in his forehead area.  His Mom Sabrina said he was a champ during his medical treatment.

THROWBACK THURSDAY



It reminded of the time when I was about a year older then Benjamin having a similar injury to my forehead, that came with stitches that they had to hold me down to sew.

I have seen cartoons at the Strand Theater of MIGHTY MOUSE and was impressed with his strength, the ability to fly, but most of all the cape.

We lived in the Clay Homes.  My sister Frances and I shared a bedroom with twin beds  I tied a towel around my neck with it hanging down my back, just like Mighty Mouse’s cape and leaped from bed to bed, like I was flying just like Mighty Mouse.

On one leap WHAM!!!  I missed the bed.   I hit my forehead, just above the eyebrow on a table or dresser.  It was a big gash and I was rushed to the Old Hospital on Cherokee Street.  We did not have a car, but we were only about five blocks away.  I don’t remember if we walked or called a cab or called a relative with a car.

The next day I visited Mrs. Cannon, who lived upstairs in the next group of our apartments.  Mrs. Cannon was a nice old lady who lived with her daughter and son-in-law.  Then, when I visited her I just turned the door nob and walked on into their apartment.

That day she asked, “What happened to your head Eddie?”  (she probably already knew).

I said, “I ran into a door”.  (I was ashamed to admit I was playing I was MIGHTY MOUSE.

I may have been the first to use “I ran into a door.” Lie.

No comments: