Friday, November 08, 2013

Hawk or Buzzard?




We were eating lunch at Wendy's by the window and I saw a hawk or a buzzard circling high up in the air.    

I don't know how to tell the difference between a  hawk and buzzard high up in the sky gliding around and around, staying in the same area.  If it was a hawk, it would have been watching his prey, probably a small animal like a chipmunk, waiting for the right moment to dive and snatch it up.

And of course, if it was a buzzard it might have smell the rancid older of  meat decaying directly below.  What was directly below?  A storage facility! 

I wondered if a body might be hidden in one of the units.  But I didn't wonder too long, the gliding bird glided away.  It was probably a hawk, and the hawk saw his little buddy crawl down a hole and it  moved on to hunt some more small innocent playing animal.


BUT!   I wondered if what if the bird stayed and circled and circled and it was a buzzard?  Would that give the police a reasonable reason to think there was a dead body in one of the units?  And if so, can they start snapping the locks to find it?   Just wandering. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see a buzzard circling, I check my pulse and see if I have a fever.

Ask Not for Whom the buzzard circle, It circles for Thee.

Mike

Deborah Wilson said...

Eddie, that doesn't look like a buzzard - buzzards are sooo ugly! I ran across four of them back a few years ago, going after road kill. Disgusting creatures - but I guess they have a purpose in nature.

Speaking of storage, a few years ago I rented a storage unit and it clearly states on the lease agreement that no dead bodies are to be stored....I couldn't help but laugh at that one...

But, the mafia [and gangsters] use to do it all the time!

Eddie said...

Deborah, I suppose it is a buzzard. I got it off Google. it wasn't meant to be the buzard I saw, just a buzzard in a glide mode.