Saturday, May 11, 2013

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! Will Eisner THE SPIRIT, THE INHERITANCE


I love Will Eisner's THE SPIRIT.  I love the Alfred Hitchock style Cinerama camera shots and the mystic look of common ordinary things.  You half-way expect Alfred Hitchock make a brief appearance as an unimportant character and hear Henry Mancini's PETER GUNN music.  Or, I do, anyway.

THE SPIRIT was a very popular comic strip in the 1940s until Will Eisner went into the Army for the War.  When he came back he resumed his drawings.  He had a group of artists to work as they were on an assembly line for the comic strip.  Eisner was not exactly chief creator, writer, artist, and bottle washer.  But he did control and oversee all, like Al Capp did with LI'L ABNER.

Take it way Will!  Or I mean, take it way Will's employees!








I

No comments: