Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movie Cadillac Records


the real Muddy Waters

We watched the movie CADILLAC RECORDS last night. It was a good movie about the history and the growing pains of the Blues and Rock and Roll.

If you have listened to the blues very much you probably know the music of people like Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, Etta James, and Little Walter.

Also you might know the weaving of the Blues and the white man’s Rock and Roll – the weaver’s name was Chuck Berry…. Chuck Berry was probably the first step of races coming together to enjoy something together.

At the beginning it said it was a true story and I believe it, based on the little I read about of Robert L. Johnson, Muddy Waters, Etta James, and Chuck Berry.

I think the CADILLAC RECORDS was well done and the movie was just like the authentic blues. Beyonce Knowles was great too, as the others in the cast were.

I’ll give it a thumbs up.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I never heard of that one, Eddie, but I really ought to see it. I love the blues.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I could have sworn I replied to your replied - but as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
I love the blues too. It has such a great beat - and the pioneers of the blues, such as Robert L. Johnson, were very unpredictable with strange tales. Robert L. claimed he made a deal with the Devil at the Cross Roads in Mississippi.

Suzanne said...

I saw it with my family back in December, and we loved it. My mom could not understand why it was not given a wider release.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
OOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!
That's me doing my Howling Wolf.