Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Hunters


Here is a flock of distant Hunter kin recently (within a year) discovered. I didn’t discover them; they just came out in the opening on their own.

The title of the picture is Eva Hunter Poor and Family and the pictures is estimated to be taken about 1949. I don’t remember if it was I doing the estimating or Christie, one of Eva’s descendants. If I was the estimator I suggest you give it about 10 years before and after margin.

Eva Hunter (1895 – 1973) was the daughter of Charles Jefferson and Paraline Dobbs. Eva married J. Harvey Poor (1896 – 1969).

Charles J. Hunter was the oldest son of William A. and Emaline Ray Hunter.

By the way, this branch of the family has grown since I bumped heads with Christie almost a year a go. Christie’s twin sister Katrina gave birth to two twin daughters Sarah and Katrina, born January 23, 2009, in Charlotte.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom (blond-headed child on far right) was born in '48, and she doesn't look much older than 2 or 3...if that helps with the date of the photo

Christie

Eddie said...

Christie,
My 1st cousin wrote and wondered if the two little girls were the twins (you and Katrina) and I told him I thought it was your mother and her sister... so, that probably puts the picture about 1950 or 51 - right?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the girls are my mother and aunt, who are 15 months apart in age.

Eddie said...

Thanks Christie.