Friday, October 22, 2021

Sharing

It seems tonight on the news all I am hearing is about the Braves and how they will do tonight. It remind me back in the 1980s when Rocky and Adam were in the scouts and ball teams and we, as groups, carried them some of the live games in Atlanta. I remember it was the 9th Inning and whoever the Braves were losing 10 to 8. The crowd was going wild stomping, blowing horns, screaming, and I don’t know what all. Dale Murphy was at bat. Amongst everybody hollowing I screamed, “KNOCK A HOMERUN DALE!” What I did not now, nor anyone else, is that everybody’s shut-up just as the demand to Murphy left my mouth. The whole stadium heard my scream. Dale Murphy looked up in my direction and then looked center at me. Embarrassed I faintly wave. Dale nodded without smiling, He called time out and the catcher and Manager Bobby Cox had a conference up on the mound. As they talked they all looked at me.. Embarrassed, I looked the other way. Then I I heard foot steps coming up the aisle. I looked towards the sound and Bobby Cox was making his way towards me with a serious look on his face. He came up to me and said, “You think knocking a home run will work??” With so much pressure I couldn’t answer without studying. Bobby said, “We’ll try it, but its on you.” Dale knocked it out of the park. The score was 12 to 10 Braves. The crowd roared and a bunch of people lift me up on their shoulders and danced around. Then I woke up.

No comments: