Sunday, October 03, 2021

Comparing Strenghts and Drives of Body Parts

 

I vowed to myself to walk every day, if I felt like it. 

This morning once I left our driveway, onto the street, I realized how bad my sciatica nerve was hurting.   That pain qualified me to turn around and go back home.  OK, OK, I will, I said, as soon as go by 3 mail boxes.  At the 3rd mailbox I was wrenching with the pain.  Just as I was about to turn around I heard a siren, it seemed to get louder, actually it was getting closer.  Pain or no pain I wanted to see what was going on.  I walked to the corner and saw an emergency vehicle about half way down the block parked with its red light flashing. 

I had to see what was happening so I walked down to the flashing lights.  It was at a couple’s house that I think have lived in this area as long as we have.  In the face they are young looking, but both have a nice stock of white hair. 

I guess healthy hair does not necessarily mean the whole body is healthy.   That Emergency vehicle was not there to play video games with them.

I walked back home, walking about double more than I originally planned.

Which goes to prove the human nose has stronger muscles and drive than the legs have.

No comments: