Monday, December 04, 2017

Nut Job




I went to PT this evening.  Those in the "know" know PT stands for Physical Therapy.

This was my 3rd session.  Listening to the therapists and the helpers talked I learned they drew names and they will have a party a few days before Christmas.  And I know who's name one of the assistants drew.  Also, an old woman stuck her head in to wish them a Merry Christmas and they all thanked her for the delicious candy she made for them.
I could tell that is what she wanted to hear: Thanks and praise. 

I was more concerned about a lady patient trying to decide if I knew her from her last time or not.  Last time a lady  with beautiful gray hair was walking on the treadmill.  After she finished she lifted her leg as high as the hand rail of the treadmill  and rested her leg on it and tightened her shoe strings.

I was impressed and told her.   That started a conversation.  We had a good rapport going for 5 or 10 minutes.  Then it was time for me to go.

This evening a lady was there that looked similar but her hair was an off color gray mixed with brown and she did not have makeup on.  She looked something like the lady I talked to last week again, maybe it wasn't.  Maybe she had on a wig and makeup on our first encounter.  She slightly smiled and nodded at me, but there everybody gives  each other by a slight nod and smile.


What if I tried to continue our conversation of last week and if it wasn't her she would think I am a nut.  

No comments: