Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Honey Pot and Honey Pot




I saw on Facebook a long time friend and co-worker is retiring, Sybil "Honey Pot" Bonner.  Actually it was on Anna's facebook news, not mine.  One of Anna's friends was congratulating Sybil for retiring.  Her picture was included in the post.

I have not seen her in many years and wondered several times was she still with the Postal Service.  She is also closely related to another long time friend and Postal co-worker Herman Wigley.

Back when Sybil, aka "Honey Pot" came to work at the Sprayberry Branch Post Office, after I got to know her, and friends enough to kid her, I called her "Honey Pot" and she felt complemented.

And to further tease her I told her of the joke I saw one time a Virgil Partch (?) 's cartoon of one lady telling another woman that her husband, retired from the Army, loved her so much he was always calling her Honey Pot.  In Army-talk Honey Pot means toilet, aka latrine.


So, then she started calling me "Honey Pot".  Our pet nick names for each other were Honey Pots.

No comments: