Saturday, September 16, 2017





The top picture is (left to right) Merle Clark and Ruth Rainwater.  They were my mother-in-law Marie's Sunday school classmates. 
Merle died Tuesday at age 90.

The second picture is Darlene Zech and me at Anna's retirement party.  Anna and Darlene were co-workers.
Darlene died today.
.
Merle and I had a good rapport.  I think it is because we both were smokers that quit.  I think ex-smokers have a good rapport because they understand each other beyond words.


On the other hand, Darlene could not stand my smoking.  In the evenings she and I carpooled together to Kennesaw Jr. College.  We also had a good rapport, of course not because of my smoking, but because my drinking.  We played hooky and went to her apartment complex's beer parties.   One night an ex-nun drunk us under the table.  We liked to remind each other of that.

No comments: