Saturday, October 03, 2015

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! THE RAVEN


It is that time of year for ghosts, haints , harvest, and Edgar Allen Poe.  This Wednesday, October 7, 2015 will be Edgar's 166th anniversary of his death.  I am recognizing it with his poem THE RAVEN as interpreted by in MAD comicbook #9, with editor Harvey Kurtzman and artist Will Elder.

To this day I remember most the words in ANNABELLA LEE by Poe.

I was a child,
and she was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea,
Annabella Lee
and  me.

I'm not sure I didn't get Me aned Annabella Lee crossed.
I still remember it mostly  because my 12th grade English Teacher  Mrs Clara Nolen had me memorized and recite it.  And she is still controlling that part of my brain from the grave.

Here is fact I learned last week:  My English teacher Mrs. Clara Nolen was the aunt of my science teacher Mrs. Clara Howell.  They lived next door to each other and Clara is named after Clara!


Click on image to make it larger, look better, and readable.







No comments: