Thursday, February 21, 2013

Why I Don't Forward Forwarding Things




I received this the other day.  It was forwarded to me, of course.  Normally, I delete forwarding email without even looking at it because chances are it might very possibly have a virus with it.  So, I don't want it and I don't want my friends to get the virus either. 

This forwarding says what I have been trying to say:



 Any time you see an email that says "forward this on to 10 (or more) of your friends", "Sign this petition", or "you'll get bad luck"  or "you'll get good luck" or " you'll see something funny on your screen after you send it" or whatever --- it almost always has an email tracker program attached that tracks the cookies and emails of those folks you forward to.  The host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of 'active' email addresses to use in SPAM emails or sell to other spammers.  Even when you get emails that demand you send the email or if you're not ashamed of God/Jesus - that is email tracking, and they are playing on our conscience.  These people don't care how they get your email addresses - just as long as they get them.

 

If you forward email like this  you and your friends will be getting of lot of junk email and very possibly a virus attached.   This process is helping the Spammers get rich!  Lets not make it easy for them. 

 

Do you and your friends and favor and don't forward  emails of this type that plays on your good heart of sharing.

No comments: