Thursday, February 03, 2011

Not the Angels of Death



Yesterday I was at the Well-Star Kennestone Hospital complex. The section we were in there is a door in the lobby that leads into a corridor. Down the corridor near the end are two restrooms, Women and men. I went down the hall to take a leak, as I usually do when I am in that part of the complex. Down the hall, near the two restrooms were three women in black gowns and black head covers. I thought for a brief second they were a committee of Angels of Deaths waiting for me.

As I got closer I saw that one lady was elderly, one middle age, and one a teenager. All were dressed in black garb with plain black head covers…. I don’t know if you would call it a cape with a hood or what.

I stepped into the men’s restroom and did my business and left. The women in black were gone.

I walked back into the lobby and went to a waiting area with chairs. Sitting were two of the three women in black. They were jabbering away in a foreign language. The teenage girl was not there.

I suppose the teenager was in a doctor’s office in the immediate area.

As I said, the two women were jabbering away. When I sat down they suddenly stopped talking.

The older lady bent her head and looked down the rest of the time. The middle age one acted more naturally. She flipped through a couple of magazines and used the house phone and made a call.

The older lady continue to look down solemnly like the was in a deep prayer. Maybe in their religions women are not suppose to look in the face of a man that is not their husband.

But if she was alone how would she know I was gone unless she looked up to see me?

All religions dictate some strange behavior and customs.


Not that it matters, but as dull dressers as they were, I noticed the older lady had on shiny golden color ballerina-looking shoes. And in contrast, the middle age lady looked as if she were wearing blunt- steel-toe work boots.

There is nothing wrong with either shoe fashion, I just thought the contrast was interesting.