Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dead Airplanes & People



Click on pictures to make them larger.

While cruising on Google Earth above Marietta this morning I saw that the Aviation Wing of the Marietta Museum of History has increased their decommissioned airplane inventory.

I already knew they had, but I didn’t know the Google satellite view over Marietta was that recent. Now they are probably have even more.

We were at the History Museum not long ago to attend a lecture and before the lecture the CO of the museum announced they had a commitment of getting plenty more planes from all over.


The Aviation Wing of the Marietta Museum of History is just on the edge of the Dobbins AFB/Lockheed Aviation complex. While hovering in the area, I scooted down to see from above something else I knew was there, the Haunted House on the property. Many people have claimed to have ghostly encounters there.





Over the years the house served many functions for Dobbins, such as office space, and I think its last job was to serve as the Dobbins Officer’s Club. Now, looks to closed up. I have been inside at least once at a retirement party and I had no face to face meeting with a spirit.

But again, that was before I knew the place was haunted. I didn’t know what to look for.

But maybe there were many ghosts all around me and I thought they were drunken officers? I see dead Officers!





Here is a picture of the Dobbins Haunted House that I took from my car. I would have went around to the front for a better picture but do you see that fence?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to go over there briefly when some of the Lockheed field service people were assigned there. Had heard the rumors, but nobody reported seeing anything out of the ordinary. Funny about Google map being current in Marietta. My house view from Google is like a time warp.
Mike