Saturday, March 27, 2010

Martha Bradford (c1915 - 2010)


Today Martha Bradford, mother of a good friend of mine, will be buried.

She raised three children, Larry, Glenda, and Kenny.

I remember one time Larry, I, and some others got kicked out of The Strand Theater, for life, I believe the usher said. And when Mrs. Bradford heard about it she exclaimed, "HUMBUG!"

That was the first time I heard the word "Humbug" used other than Old Scrooge, at Christmas time.

She went down to The Strand Theater and had a talk with the usher and the manager. She was not only defending Larry but also his friends. Any parent that would go out of her way to defend her child and her child's friend was number one in my book.

Whatever she said was convincing. We were allowed back in.

Judging from the number of people at the funeral home last night she will be missed greatly. She was 95.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MARTHA KNEW SHARKY.
PBR