Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fess Parker Died Today & CF's 3,000th Post



This is Chicken-fat’s 3000th post. Wow!!! Hip, hip, Hoorah!!! You don't believe me? Go ahead, count them!

That is a lot of posts, I think to most people’s standards. But when you boil it down to get the ones of substance how many are there? Three? Four? Awww I bet there are at least ten, give or take a few.

Of course, the ones that I toot my own horn for little milestones are not really meaningful posts – like this one for instance. And the ones that I do the Sunday Funnies or the Marietta High School annual book The Olympian I am just handing off someone else’s hard work are not really original posts that hatched out of my own mind.

After eliminating the copying and the plagiarisms the meaningfully posts might be a whole lot of less than ten.

Today Fess Parker died at age 85. After his acting career he has success in owning and running a winery and also real estate speculation, both in California.

Davy Crockett and Daniel Boon are officially dead now. I should bury my coonskin cap.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Congrats on your 3000th post. That's a lot of postings, no matter what you may think about whether some are original. Your personality comes through every one of them, Ed, whether you wrote them or not, because all of them are reflections of your wit and uniquely interesting world view.

I hate to say this about someone who died, but I never thought much of Fess Parker's acting abilities. Still, he made his mark on a whole generation, with all of us running around acting like Davy Crockett. I still remember the final episode with Davy Crockett at the Alamo, and the last scene of him swinging Ol' Betsy at the attacking Mexicans. The show ended with that and I exclaimed to my dad and mom, "What happened?!" Dad said, "No one knows for sure, but everyone at the Alamo died."

Wow, I think I cried for a week, being in deep mourning.

Anonymous said...

MY DAD WENT TO SCHOOL WITH EITHER STANG OR STERLING HOLLAWAY. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHICH OF THE TWO.THEY WERE FRIENDS IN CEDARTOWN BACK IN THE 30'S. MORE USELESS GEL FROM THE ROPER MUSH HEAD.