Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hoorah! No More Mud-Throwing! and BS Slinging!



For a while anyway. Today is the real election day which also is the final election day for a while. No more political mud throwing … for a while.

Speaking of election days. Barbecue and elections sort of hand in hand, like a horse and buggy, love and marriage, fork and knife… what? We voted almost two weeks ago and also had barbecue for lunch at Sam & Dave’s BBQ #2 that same day, but a couple hours apart.

I remember going to a political kick-off when my late cousin Frank Hunter announced he was running for commissioner – he did it over a Williamson Brothers BBQ (catered).

BBQ always have mixed well with politics - I think they are both laced with bullshit and both have a lot of pig in them.

Getting back to Sam & Dave’s. We had friends for dinner last night and they told us Sam & Dave’s went out of business. We said we just ate there about a week ago.

I finally realized we were talking about two different Daves BBQs. Famous Dave’s BBQ was closing down. The menu ahead that we picked up shows that Sam & Dave’s BBQ#2 is still going strong – and I bet Sam & Dave’s BBQ #1 is too – we ate there about 3 weeks ago.

3 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Yes! Thank goodness the political ads will stop finally.

BBQ always have mixed well with politics - I think they are both laced with bullshit and both have a lot of pig in them.


Probably true, but not sure if I will ever eat BBQ again...

Carolyn said...

Your comment line is priceless! And true ;)

Speaking of... I saw that Palin was in your neck of the woods wearing that shade of lipstick. BBQ Red.

Eddie said...

Susan,
I have to have my bbq. I am thinking of cutting down though - I went to my cardiologist this morning and my numbers were good - but he did suggest I would feel better if I cut down on the lard and carbs.

Carolyn,
Yeah, yeah, I keep seeing local newsclips of Sarah making important points saying Saxby Chambliss should keep his job as Surpreme Court justice, or senator, or congressman, or whatever he is. She knows the Federal Government so well, she should be listened to.
That wasn't bbq red lipstick, that was wolf-blood red llipstick!