Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cousin Margaret's Family


This is Thomas Gaines Murray (1848 – 1914) and his family. They are probably in Arkansas or Oklahoma. They spent their child producing years in Arkansas and finished up their lives in Oklahoma. His wife sitting behind him is my first cousin, 3 times removed, Margaret Jane Trammell (1847 – aft 1910). Margaret is/was the daughter of Thomas R. Trammell and Rebecca Truitt…. Who suddenly “left town” after the killing that his brother Van Trammell and his nephew William A. Trammell were accused of having a hand in.

Standing behind them are their sons, Luther, James, and Benjamin Murray. Luther and James were minors and Benjamin was a farm laborer.

James married Myrtle Emaline Griffin (c1879 – 1908). They had a daughter named Tice born about 1904.

Myrtle was murdered while in the process of getting a divorce. And that is all I know about this family.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Good pic, Eddie. Do you feel better?

Eddie said...

Judy,
Thanks.
Yes I think I still feel some better. I no longer have sharp pains when I cough but I still feel sluggish.

Si's blog said...

Still using rock and rye for your ailments?

Neat story and picture. I keep telling you, you need to write a book. They could make a movie out of this anecdote.

Eddie said...

Si,
Remember, there is a skeleton in every closet.