Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Morning This and That

Last night on my last blog entry I said I had intentions of holding off until today to launch that particular entry and pressed the wrong button, and I threw in for the humor of it that I wondered if WW III will start that way – pressing the wrong button.

Let me answer myself: Of course not! The Defense System has complicated Fail Safe procedures that will take all the accidents out of a fatal mishap with the buttons. It is fool-proof.

But, you have to remember the fool who’s desk the button is on.

I called my sister to tell her of the two women we met at the Tour of Homes and she knew both of them, and told a little dirt about one of them.

The lady that we have a common relative worked as a salesperson for a famous furniture company in town. My aunt on my mother’s side went to work as a sales person for the same furniture company. They were mortal enemies from the start.

In time my aunt got fired for the furniture company. After she went out and knocked on doors she decided to try to ask for her old job back at the furniture company. The owner talked to her and told her he would think about it, and he told the lady I met yesterday he was thinking about it and she flatly told him he would not hire her back. And he didn’t. Was the saleslady a good salesperson or what else could it have been.

But eventually my aunt did get her job back, I am not sure how. She was working there when the owner died. He slip and fell in the bathtub which killed him. His neck was broken or something of that sort.

The owner’s wife heard him fall and ran into the bathroom to check on her husband and found him dead in the tub.

She immediately called her maid who had living quarters in the house. I am making up the maid’s name because I forgot it, but other than the right name, when called the maid on the phone she said, “Willa Mae! Come here now! Mr. XXXX is dead in the tub and I am a rich woman!”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a classic example of a press of a wrong button was when I was messaging to my wife and pressed on 'send all' by mistake. Boy, was that embarassing....

Eddie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eddie said...

That deleted message was because again, I pressed the wrong button, to check the spellings.

What I intended to say was I hope no fluidly mushy details were broadcast.

kenju said...

With the current idiot in office, anything is possible! I heard John Edwards say on TV Sunday morning that the top 3 (B,C and R) are the epitome of incompetence.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I heard him say that also!
By the way, he also said he is building or built a house in your area, sort of.

Suzanne said...

I guess that woman in Eddie's story has a lot in common with our current leader - they're both rich and useless.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Our leader is worse than useless, he is counter-productive.