According to Uncle John's Bathroom Reader at least two people per year die of flatulence.
I remember one time a single fart almost wiped out four of us. We four teenagers returned to Marietta after a long day trip somewhere, I forgot where. Larry was driving. The first person let out was also named Larry. After parking in the driveway, before letting the other Larry out, Larry the driver spread his legs opened and farted holding a cigarette lighter flame up near his anus.
A big blue flame shot out, the length and shape of a small sword. It disappeared as quickly as it appeared. One half second it was there and the other half second it was gone.
We could have all been burned to a crisp. And no investigator would probably figure out why.