Thursday, May 07, 2015

Please Mr. Postman....







In Virginia Beach, Va. 23 year old Dominyk Antonio Alfonseca was arrested because he handed a bank teller a note asking for $150,000 and added, "Please" with a smiley face.
His defense is that with the word "Please" it was not a demand.  It was a request.

I immediately thought of something I did, or didn't do:

One time in the time keepers' office of the Atlanta Post Office a supervisor  asked me to "Please " to something, which I forgot what it was.  Because some other people were not gainfully employed at the moment and I thought he should have chosen them for the chore I kept doing my other work and  the next day when he found out the job wasn't done he called me into his office and told me he was going to write me up for refusing to  obey a direct order.
My  defense was that I was the only person doing something at the time so he should have picked one of the others, and I said, "besides, when he said "Please" it became a quest not an order.

I wasn't punished.  It was swept under the rug. 



No comments: