Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Arnold Parrish Left Us.


Arnold and Joe Tucker

Howard Burnette and Arnold





I hated to hear about Arnold Parrish dying.  I have known Arnold and his family all my life.  His family and my family lived close together in the Clay Homes.

We always chatted at the Bell and Varner Reunion and wherever else we would run into each other.  I ran into him a lot at Kennestone Hospital where he was a volunteer.   I was always amazed how young he looked.  He looked and acted that someone much younger than he was.

The last time I saw him was about two or three months ago at Johnboys.  We kept looking at each other.  I was trying to decide if it was Arnold and I think he was doing the same.  Finally he said, "Eddie, how is Frances (my sister)?"

I don't think I have ever seen Arnold with scowl or frown on his face.  His facial muscles were not trained that way.


He was such a positive person.  The world is a better place because of him.

No comments: