Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What’ll You Have – Whatcha Got?


I missed another GOBAG meeting yesterday. I think I missed the whole month of December. I am still congested but not as bad as before. I don’t want to chance it, knowing the Billy Joe Royal concert is already paid for, so I don’t want to have another setback and have to miss it.

After all, money is money.

It is not fun being sickly over the holidays. The only good that came of it is that it kept my appetite nailed down. In early December I tried putting on a certain pair of Levis and I could not button the waist. Yesterday, I tried them on again, and they were slightly on the loose side.

Throat congested or not, some things still needed to be done yesterday. I took my 89 year old mother-in-law to a couple of places.

And while taking her from place to place I made a quick-stop at Golden Years Nursing Home to have a quick visit with Jerry McB. We decided what time we should pick him up for the Billy Joe Royal concert and to make sure he had his ticket. Jerry has a long goatee now. I see why they call a goatee a goatee. I half-way expected Jerry to say, “Y-y-y-e-e-e-s-s I-I-I h-h-h-a-a-a my ticket…ba-a-a-a-a.”

I hope he didn’t catch my cold or I would have defeated my purpose.

One place I carried her was The Varsity. She loves Varsity hotdogs. It was a preplanned meeting. We met her granddaughter, the husband (a preacher), and the granddaughter’s two grandchildren, a boy and girl, both under 10 years of age I think.. The two kids were my mother-in-law’s great great grandchildren.

They didn’t get to see each other for Christmas, so this was their Christmas luncheon.

I was sitting eating and enjoying the interactions of the two kids when I noticed a friend walking around like he was looking for someone.

Should I wave my arms to get his attention and introduce him to my in-laws? Hell No!

This guy, as nice as he is, has a way of getting right in your face and mooching whatever he thinks you might have, like cigarettes or maybe you would buy him a beer. I have seen him ask people for money, beer, and cigarettes. I had a vision of him mooching Varsity fries from the kids and the preacher. And I didn’t have my new video camera.

Pictures of last night meeting is on the way.

3 comments:

Eddie said...

PR,
As I said before, when I avoid using a person's name I do it for a reason.

G said...

Whose name did you avoid using? lol

You took her to THE Varsity across from Tech? The hot dogs look delish! I wish I could duplicate Brandi's.

Eddie, I don't think your cold is contagious at this stage.

Enjoy the concert! Nice of you and Anna to take Jerry McB.

Eddie said...

Geri,

Time flies! We have a Varsity now in the parking lot of Town Center Mall.

It is just like the Varsity on North Avenue in Atlanta, except it doesn't have curb service. They have the exact menu, but maybe the Varsity in Varsity in Atlanta has beer and the one here doesn't.