Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Time For Reverence


I was having lunch yesterday at Brandi's World Famous Hotdogs with Paul and I noticed two ladies sitting at a table next to us. They have not received their food yet. One lady had her head bow and it looked like she was clasping her hands under the table.

On the other hand, the other lady was drinking her drink and looking around.

I talked to Paul for a while and after a few minutes looked back at the ladies. The lady looked to still be praying, with her head bowed and apparently her hands clasped. That is a long prayer I thought. She must be blessing everybody she knows and all her kinfolks.

The other woman sipped on her drink and continue to look around. That doesn't make sense I thought. I noticed when people pray at a restaurant they hold hands and pray together....of course only one does the talking, but definitely all at at the table bow their heads.

Then the mystery was solved. The lady that I thought was praying brought up from her lap a littel blackberry gizmo. She was texting!

Ironically, Paul and I were discussing just how far technology is going... and who knows where it will end.

2 comments:

Deb Goodrich said...

Priceless, Eddie, just priceless!!!!

Eddie said...

Deb,
Thanks!