Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I Joined the Legion!


Yep! Yesterday I signed up for the French Foreign Legion. Can’t you see me in the desert riding an Arabian horse and riding by a girl in distress and swooping her up, then sword fight hoards of Arabs, then in the end kissing the girl, as Rudolph Valentino is doing above in the movie “The Sheik”. See her swoon? Boy, this is going to be fun!

Will I be another Lawrence of Arabia gracefully leaping from boxcar to boxcar in the middle of the desert? No. I think Boxcar Willie is more my style.

Or maybe like Haji Babba - as John Derek was.

I will be in mystic places full of international intrigue with pyramids as a backdrop – I will clench my dagger in my teeth as I fist fight a gang of desert men dressed in black… I will…. Huh?

Say it wasn’t the French Foreign Legion at all but the American Legion? So, all this fighting I was planning to do good against evil, that is not going to happen is it?

Well, yes it is. Soon I will get to vote against openly smoking in the American Legion building. Soon, if one wants to smoke at the get-togethers they will have to slip around and do it.

Do I get to tell on them if I catch them smoking? I feel good.! I am a do-gooder!

3 comments:

kenju said...

Boxcar Willie? I think not.

Si's blog said...

You are a do-gooder, giving us great blogs.

I think I would be a pirate. The old kind, not the Somalian type. Buckle my swash. AArgh. Or maybe be a Mongol and rape and pillage. To hell with doing good.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I like Boxcar Willie! Well, maybe not as a singer, but as somebody unique.

Si,

I wouldn't mind being a pirate either - but then I read the old saying, "Those who live by the sword die by the sword" and I chickened out.