Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tyson Sisters & Eveyln Crowder

 Here are my two great aunts and my grandmother. who are sisters: L to R: Annie Tyson Crowder (1893-1979), Lela Octavia “Tade” Tyson Carr (1886-1957), and Emma Minna Tyson Hunter (1879-1948).

Aunt Annie lived in Fair Oats. She was married to Tom Crowder. Unfortunately they lost their only son Horace Reid Crowder during the D-Day Invasion. They had a daughter Evelyn who never married.
Aunt Tade married E.J. Carr 4 Dec 1928 and that is about all we know about him except he is buried at Mars Hill Cemetery, Acworth, Ga. In my preteen years Aunt Tade lived in downtown Acworth next door to a school and walking distance to Acworth Beach. I sat with her often waiting on Daddy to pick up from a day on the beach. She seemed to be always grateful to be able to pump me of questions of family, uncles, aunts, and cousins.
By their attire, it looks like the sisters just had a spend-the-night party.





No comments: