Friday, August 04, 2023

Messing With Mother Nature

 This was my Aunt Opel’s, her son Anthony’s and Grandma Petty’s home in Varnell, Georgia. They lived there in the late 40s and maybe early 50s. I think I took this picture in the early 80s. Since it has been bulldozed and replaced with a used car lot. I also noticed that that the house next door, the preachers house was about to rot away.

As I remember they did not have running water. There was a very clean spring behind their house. I remember the spring had little black shell creatures periwinkles that kept the water cleaned. Once I carried my two sons to the house and to the spring. We scooped up a handful of periwinkles and put them in a jar with clean water. By the time we got home, in about 90 minutes the periwinkles had met their doom, they were dried up and floating on top. We messed with the natural order of things.
No photo description available.
All reactions:

No comments: