Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Out on the Town, at noon.

 

Before shopping today we looked on line for a certain bar and grill to see the time they opened.  We have been there several times over the years.  Information said 11:00 am.

We arrived in the parking lot at 11:05.   The six or eight handicapped parking places spaces but one were taken except one, which we took.

That told me what I always thought:  Old people like to get places early.

When we got our bill the total was minus “senior discount.”  Of the 10 or so booths every booth was occupied by old people

Now, I am wondering is everyday  like this, or is Wednesday Senior Discount Day?

On to the discount store:  One of the things our list was whiteout.   You know:  To white out mistakes instead of printing a whole document over.  A little Asian stock clerk was putting out stock in Stationary.  I asked her where is the white-out?  She did not speak English very well, so she had no ideal what I was asking for.

She handed me a little gadget about the size of a cell phone.  It had a keyboard and a screen.  I think she was using it right, if she couldn’t understand a customer, maybe if she call it in print she would know.  Anna typed Whiteout and she told her exactly where it was at.  Good idea!

No comments: