Sunday, August 20, 2017

Alaska, Part 6, Moby Dick

Before even leaving home we signed up for the whale watching tour.  In their ad they said if you don't see a whale they would refund $100 of your fee.  They said they haven't had to refund any yet, that is how sure they are you will see a whale.

Some of the scenes are here just because I thought they were of breathtaking beauty or at least interesting.  The ones that have whales in them will have a notation.


Remember to click on each picture to make it more grand and glorious. 






Whale or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine THE NAUTILUS at 12:30.  Before we got stared good the captain said for everybody to be on the lookout, and if you spot one holler out the location as it is on a clock.  Like straight ahead is 12:00,  Directly to the right would be 3:o'clock, directly behind us is 6 o'clock, and so on.


You have to have a quick reflex.  Before I had pointed my camera good this guy popped up in front of me.

Same for this guy.


Another whale watching boat  There were about a half dozen boats with the same mission.




Sea Lions sunning.



I think I got a bit of whale tale straight ahead.

Another one

A Whales quickly surfaces and submerges..  You have to be quick and lucky.

As you see, my pictures are nothing to brag about.  I used a good zoom Nikon camera.  Back on the ship that evening a klutzy girl was showing us the pictures of whales she had taken with her iphone.
They were magnificent!  Whales breaching completely out of the water, with spouts of steam-like shoots, close-ups of the whole tale diving for deep waters.  AAARRRGG!   I think I would have been justified throwing her overboard.  Just joking.



No comments: