Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Birthday Came and Went

The birthday cake was made by our daughter-in-law Sabrina.

This was a tri-birthday party.  My birthday was last week;  Rocky's Mother-in-law Chong's birthday will be in a few days, and Anna's mother's birthday will be in the first week of August.  Our family got to kill 3 birds with one stone.


My son Adam and his friend Savvy gave me the above pictures.  If you click on the pictures you will see the top picture is the Big Chicken in front of the Strand Theater.  And the bottom picture is The Big Chicken embracing Scarlet O'Hara.  I like cartoon like things, and landmarks, and local history.

Who is that handsome brute sporting the Tilley Hat?  It is I!  (somehow It are I! just doesn't sound right).  I know, I know, all these years I have been using a ballcap as a toupe.  Now that I am 71 my son Rocky and his wife Sabrina thought maybe it was time for a more grownup type of hat.  Something to show my maturity in a fashion statement.  I played with it in the mirror last night putting it on and putting it off, turning the brim one way and then the other.  I like it!  The more I looked at it the more I like it.... is it the hat or me that I am falling in love with?  Now that I am wearing a hat for grownups I found if you pull down the brim in the front and back it has sort of an "Indian Jones" look.  And if I turn the brim up on the sides it has sort of a "Jungle Jim" look.  Who do I want to be today?  .

Also I got some gift cards, which will be well used. 


No comments: