Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Checking Out the CAPTAIN AMERICA movie


We watched the movie CAPTAIN AMERICA yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. It is based on the comicbook character with the same name. It was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. It starred Chris Evans and directed by Joe Johnston.

It was a Marvel production and I Stan Lee was one of the two executive producers.

I have been a comicbook fan for over 65 years but I never took much of an interest in many superheroes, with the exception of Batman, Superman, Plastic Man, and maybe the Mariner or whatever his name was. Then when Spiderman came on the scene I took an interest in him too.

By watching the movie, I think I would have enjoyed CAPTAIN AMERICA.

The movie has a certain way about it as did RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. I think Joe Johnston must have been a big fan of Steven Speilberg. They went to great details making the cars and the clothes look like the 40’s, and how hateful Nazi leaders were.

The movie was crammed full of action with a lot of weaponry and a lot of hand to hand combat… and even a shy boy- girl relationship (no fondling – just one quick kiss). But where it fell short of a hot romance it did make up in lots of bad guys being blown to bits.

I give it a Pretty Good.

No comments: