Monday, February 13, 2012

So Long Whitney Houston (1963-2012)



Saturday we went to a home show in Duluth, Georgia, to get some ideas about our bathroom project. Our GPS navigator Jill gave us the scenic tour. We went through the John’s Creek area of nice homes and rolling hills and by The Country Club of the South.

I noticed at The Country Club of the South all drives going into the area were gated. I told Anna that is where Whitney Houston used to live. I thought to myself of the times Whitney and her spouse Bobby Brown had domestic problems of violence and drugs and called 911. How did the emergency vehicles, fire trucks, and police cars get through the gates? Whitney died near the same time I was thinking about her and her problems.

Later we learned that Whitney was found dead at the Beverly Hills Hilton. My first thought was “drug overdose”.

She was a great singer. I think her gospel singing upbringing taught her to develop her musical talent – it is a shame the gospel upbringing didn’t teach her other things about life.

She had such a lovely heartwarming smile it is shame that it will be nevermore. Last night on the news they showed a lot of pictures of Whitney – and a good many of them she looked lit or high.

The bad thing about people who develope reputations of being dope addicts – they are not allowed to die a natural life, I’m sure many actually do die natural life having heart-attacks, cancer, and all other natural forces that take lives – but the public will remember how they made the news and are sure that is what caused their deaths. What will Whitney's legacy be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a4mergency vehicles get into gated communities by a device called a "Knox Box" located near the gate. a special key causes the Knox Box to open the gate. If they forget to turn it off, your gate will no longer function, it just stays open.

Mike D

G said...

Eddie, too many deaths lately. Very sad. I lost Tom the day before yesterday. I am so lost.

Eddie said...

G. I am so sorry.