Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Land of Opportunity

this picture was swiped from Imagine

Yesterday history was made in the United States: A black man was elected president.

That goes to show you America can be the land of opportunity, even for the little guy.



Anonymous Skip said...

Actually Eddie, we sometimes lose sight of the fact (because of his skin color) that he is also a white man. I find it worth thinking about that he says he is black when he is also 50% caucasian.
I am really more concerned if there is really a "hidden" Obama and what that might bring.

God Bless America

5:02 AM  
Blogger ET said...

When I posted this I thought of adding that he was 50% Caucasian but then thought that would just muddy the message. He has dark skin, and overall is considered a black man more than is considered a white man - or at least by the slanderous racial jokes being forwarded to me.

His tenure will be interesting. I think, whether he is good or bad president he will get a favorable review because he will be compared to Bush - he would have to be really bad to our-bad GWB, as far as public opinion goes.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It was a great day in US voting history! The best one I can ever remember anyway.

I wish my state would have gone blue, but I'm ok with the end result :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Out state didn't either - but the overall bottom line is the clincher.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script