Thursday, November 13, 2008

Georgia Senate Race: A Mud Throwing Contest


Saxby Chambliss and Jim Martin are throwing mud at each other again.

I wish we the public would form a huge coalition saying we will vote for the one that does not throw any mud for the duration of the campaign. – they have both distorted the truth so much the truth has no place in politics any longer, if it ever did.

I noticed in this campaign a few lopsided similarities: Used to Saxby Chambliss loved to be photographed with George Bush. According to the photo ops you would think Bush and Chambliss consulted each other all the time and were buddies. You could see photos of both of them wearing hard-hats and one pointing to the other items on the blueprints with the other one nodding approvingly – or standing at a distance discussing something very important.

I don’t know if any photos actually exist like I just described but some pretty darn close do exits.

Now, in this campaign, with Bush such a low approval rating I haven’t seen or heard Chambliss brag about his relationship with Bush at all. Nah!!! That is hard to believe. Surely, Chambliss, with that sincere look of his makes friends for life doesn’t he?

Chambliss proved he is as slippery of a politician as they come - he made Bush disappear. Bush who?

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. Jim Martin is trying to ride on Obama’s popularity with plans for Obama to come to Georgia for a few photo ops and say a few kind words about Jimmy.

I think Obama will make a great president. He seems to be fair, swift, and sharp. He has an excellent memory and can recall all kinds of facts to help him.

I think the U.S. will benefit greatly under his leadership.

However, four and eight years ago a lot of people felt the same about Bush. He was their hero. Now, under 28% will even give him the time of day.

I think Jim Martin should take note of this. History it shows that the political hero today might not be the hero tomorrow – as a matter of fact, he or she might be the anti hero tomorrow.

When Obama comes to Georgia to show that he and Jim Martin are close buddies, if I was Jim, I would space myself at least four feet from Obama during the photo ops. You never know when you might want to have some photographs doctored up a little.

Just a reminder:

4 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Let'em fight and sling mud - it's the new way of winning politically.

I think a politican should be judged according to what they actually do instead of what they say they're GOING TO DO. Campaign promises always remain to be seen.

But Georgian's main concern should be with Obama's 4 letter word, as Joe Biden said, "J-O-B".

Eddie said...

Deborah,
That reminds me of a Coasters' hit.

Deborah Wilson said...

"Get a Job" was by the Silhouettes, although the Coasters might have recorded it.

Hey, now that I think about it, I might have gotten it backwards...

Maybe Joe was referring to Obama's 3 letter word, "J-O-B-S".

lol

Eddie said...

I guess I got the Coasters and Silhouettes mixed up. It is not the first time nor will it be the last.