Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Be American! Vote for Us!


Yesterday I got a call from a recording. That isn’t unusual, I get calls from recordings all the time. They tell me today is my lucky day, I qualify for Direct TV or Satellite service… or they can get me a special low interest loan, bla bla bla bla.

Yesterday Mr. Computer said he wanted to give ask me some questions for a survey. Just speak clearly, you will be understood.

Here is more or less how it went:

On election day do you plan to vote for Saxby Chambliss? I said, “No.”

Do you plan to vote for Jim Martin? I said, “Yes” (I lied, actually I already voted – but Mr. Computer didn’t give me that option).

Do you believe that one party should control all three branches of the government. “No”.

Mr. Computer electronic voice seem to get higher, maybe even screaming, when it said, “Do you realize that if the Democrats control all three branches of the Government, that is the Supreme Court, the legislation, and the Executive will be just like Germany in the 1940s with the Nazi Party?”

I hung up as I was hearing Mr. Computer scream something about the Democrats being the next “Gestapo”

That is strange. First of all the Supreme Court has a long way to go before it is controlled by Democrats. Secondly, I don’t remember the Republicans worrying about one party controlling it all and being like the Nazis or have another Gestapo before.

I’m glad to see they are finally seeing that.

4 comments:

Si's blog said...

I find myself talking to the &^%(* robots on the phone all the time. And when they do no offer the options I need, I am glad they do not recognize some of the words I use.

Got a lot of political ads and "polls" before the election. Hung up on each one. Hope the robots felt crushed at my rejection.

Eddie said...

Si,
I'll be so glad for the day after December the 2nd to come so all the mud-slinging will stop... and yet, will it? I am still getting anti-Obama forwards from poor losers.

Suzanne said...

Damn, that infuriates me.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
It infuriates me too - but all of the Republicans' double standards infuriates me... maybe I need a nerve relaxer pill.